Ending AIDS in Nigeria: Gaining momentum and leaving no one behind : Martin- Mary Falana
For Nigeria to achieve the 90:90:90 target, the International AIDS Society (IAS) organised a Scientific Symposium on ” Building Consensus- Strategies for Bridging the Gaps between Science and Program Implementation at the Congress Hall, Transcorps Hilton Abuja today Thursday 27th October, 2016.
This event witnessed major stakeholders in HIV response in Nigeria including the government, States Agency for the Control of AIDS, Civil Society Organizations, Networks of persons living with HIV, development and implementing partners, representatives of the IAS among others.
Among issues being discussed now are:
1. Proposed Implementation Science Priorities for Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS program towards the 90:90:90 targets.
2. ART, eMTCT and managing HIV Co-infections with Hepatitis: Translating best practices into policy and service delivery
3. Nigerian PrEP study uptake: matters arising
4. The commitment to HIV prevention in Nigeria: An Overview
5. Challenges to implement the WHO ART Guidelines for 2016 in Sub-saharan Africa.